Quality and beautiful furniture are not always synonymous with exorbitant prices. Nowadays, many types of attractive furniture are made from recycled materials. One that can be your choice is furniture from used wood pallets that are economical and artistic.
So far, have you used furniture made of wood pallets to complete your favorite house? If you really want to save budget , don’t hesitate to use this wood material. Pallet wood is no less attractive as a quality furniture material that looks special.
What Are Wooden Pallets?
A wooden pallet is a wooden frame arrangement which is usually formed into a base or crate for transporting goods. The use of wooden pallets is intended to protect the goods to be sent from being broken, damaged, or deformed during the shipping process. In general, wooden pallets are a type of hardwood that comes from the rambutan tree. However, there are also those who make pallet frames from Medium-Density Fiberboard (MDF) material . Pallets for packaging are very easy to find in the warehousing and delivery industry , supermarkets, traditional markets, and warehousing areas.
Advantages of Wooden Pallets
Some of the advantages of the following wooden pallets certainly make you feel free to rely on them as the basic material for furniture :
- It is very easy to find and in abundance.
- The price is much more economical than other types of wood.
- It is light in weight so it is easy to move and shape as needed.
- It looks attractive and fits well with a rustic house.
- Able to withstand heavyweights (even up to 30 tons) because its main function is to support the load of goods.
Disadvantages of Wooden Pallets
In addition to recognizing the advantages, you also need to know some of the disadvantages of wooden pallets for furniture :
- The shape is less flat because it has been used to support heavy loads.
- The finishing process must be done carefully so that it is termite resistant and it looks attractive.
- The size of the wooden blades tends to be small so it is not suitable for large-sized furniture .
Tips for Choosing Furniture from Wooden Pallets
Before deciding to buy furniture made from wood pallets, you should first understand the following tips:
- Don’t forget to pay attention to the furniture that you are going to buy. Make sure that the surface is flat and has no holes so that it can last in the long run. Pallet wood that has changed shape will result in poor quality furniture.
- Furthermore, you also need to adjust the furniture model with the nuances of the interior of the house. In general, furniture from pallet wood is suitable to be combined with interior nuances that seem rustic or industrial. The right combination will produce a comfortable and artistic interior feel.
- Make sure that the furniture of your choice has gone through an adequate finishing process. The appearance of pallet wood will look more beautiful and shiny if it has gone through the right finishing process.
- Know the standard of furniture prices carefully so that you are not fooled into buying too expensive.
How to care for the right
Furniture made of wooden pallets does not actually require complicated special care. You only need to do a few important things to make the furniture durable and look like new:
- Clean the surface of the furniture every day with a soft cloth textured to avoid dust and other dirt.
- You should also take the time to polish your furniture with wood care products that contain natural oils so that it looks shiny.
- Furniture should be placed indoors and away from sun exposure so as not to experience changes in color and texture.
- Don’t forget to coat the surface of the furniture with termite-proof paint so that it is more durable even if it is used for a long time.
Interested in using wooden pallets home furniture? Immediately seek this recycled wood furniture to enhance the feel of your home.