While eradicating the baseboards usually are not necessary, you’ll need to remove any shoe molding or quarter round on the backside of the baseboard. You may even must take away transition pieces like reducers. Because we were tiling over existing flooring, we also had to remove our pantry door as there was no longer sufficient clearance because of the additional thickness of the flooring.
- While the tape coat of thin-set hardens, run a putty knife over all of the screw heads to scrape off the “mushroom” bulges round screws.
- If unsatisfactory, change the tile selection earlier than installation, as no claims may be accepted after the tiles have been mounted.
- Once the installers finish putting in your new flooring, they will clean up and remove all work-related particles.
- Specify grout joints suitable with the tile’s face dimension.
- Wiggle the tile forwards and backwards a bit to allow the ridges in